https://chadholste.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/The-Holste-Agency-2.png 0 0 webcontroller https://chadholste.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/The-Holste-Agency-2.png webcontroller2020-12-18 21:36:002020-01-23 21:47:50Holiday Travel
Holiday celebrations are exciting times for family and friends to get together. But, get-togethers can turn into tragedies when people are killed or injured in traffic crashes.
Motorists need to be mindful of actions that will make their holiday travel safer. Drivers can protect themselves and their passengers by following these holiday travel rules.
- Before you start your trip, make sure your vehicle is tuned up and in good shape for travel. If maintenance is not up to date, have your vehicle and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Restrain yourself and your passengers properly in seat belts and car safety seats. Remember, the back seat is the safest place for children of any age to ride.
- Leave early if you can to avoid the peak traffic hours. If snow is predicted during the time you plan to travel, change your schedule. It is better to reschedule your get-together than to risk the lives of traveling family or friends.
- Stay fresh and alert when driving. Take plenty of breaks and do not push yourself to meet an unrealistic schedule.
- Keep your speed down. Give yourself plenty of time and distance to react to the traffic around you.
- If there will be drinking at your holiday get-together, choose a designated driver who will remain alcohol free.
- Keep a cell phone and charger with you in case of an emergency.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.